What you need is a good dose of “Shapewear” to give you that cinched in waist. The only thing to watch out for is an attack of “muffin top”, as all that flesh has got to go somewhere., and you don’t want rolls of fat where none existed in the first place!
From personal experience with few exceptions shapewear knickers are best avoided for this very reason, so I suggest you go for a “body” instead.
There are now several ranges on the market that will lift and sculpt your profile and tame your tummy. Here are some of the best ( cheaper one’s first) :
- M&S’s pretty, lacy Secret Slimming Waist Sculpt Waist Cincher is £22.50
- Maidenform’s Flexees Weightless Comfort Full Slip in black or nude is fabulous at £40.00
- Wolford’s Velvet Control Shorts High Waist gives a good smooth figure
- M&S’s Secret Slimming Waist Sculpt Wear Your Own Bra Body at £29.50 works really well if you really need your own bra for a bit of ‘lift and separate’.
- M&S have a brilliant range called Ultimate Magic Secret Support , which will flatten your stomach, lift your bottom and could slim you down a dress size, from £29.50
- Maria Grachvogel’s Magic Pants are designed to lift the bum and at £475 are expensive but classic
- Dmondaine’s Ginger Bodysuit costs £162.00, and their Marilyn full slip costs £170.00 from net-a-porter. Both have built in bra’s.
- Grace&Wilde’s control slip in pale pink is amazing, but at £350 sadly so is the price.
- Roland Mouret’s Mini Powermesh Slip Dress is the base of his body sculpting dresses and is a more reasonable £265 for the authentic Mouret look from Net-a-Porter
- Not Your Daughter’s Jeans from John Lewis will, whilst not the height of fashion, do a good job of flattening your tummy and lifting your bottom
- TK Maxx Magic Pants are the bargain “Spanx pants” and they only cost £5.00
- Wizard Jeans smooth the tummy and lift the bottom, for the “ultimate nip and tuck” and cost around £100 fromwww.wizardjeans.com